Saturday, September 10, 2011

To Rehire or Not To Rehire

Employee management is something that many business owners struggle with.  Even the longest standing, most loyal employees present challenges for business owners to deal- they call this LIFE!!  Several months ago, we lost an employee to some bad choices.  The loss was difficult for our team as she was a competent and confident team member who really enjoyed her position.  Her personal life got in the way of her performance however and we parted ways.   A couple of weeks ago- an opportunity to rehire this young lady presented itself.  The personal issues seemed to be in check and  our team needed fortification.  Today I met with her and was reminded of an article I read about Richard Branson.  He stated that rehires can sometimes be the very best employees as they have a better understanding of what life away from a solid employer can be like.  As we begin this 'second time around'- I will be leaning on Mr. Branson's word and the firm knowledge that people can make better choices and recreate their lives at any moment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment